Raising 2500 euros for a charity is hard. That's what I am trying to do for the Berlin Marathon on Alvarum.
Mind you, this is not to get a bib - I was lucky enough to get one from the lottery. It's just that it feels right to take the opportunity of this marathon to raise money for Doctors without Borders. Whatever my marathon result will be. I am not getting any money out of this, I am paying for all my Marathon fees. Every penny donated goes to MSF (Doctors without Borders).
It's the first time I am doing a fundraising for a foundation and I guess that I've exhausted all the potentials donators in my family, friends and colleagues circles.
I guess I've reached the point where I have to give back something to the people that are willing to donate.
So here's a proposal: I have been doing Python coding for quite some time, wrote some books in both English and French on the topic, and working on large scale projects using Python. I have also gave a lot of talks in Python conferences around the world.
I am not an expert of any specific fields like scientific Python, but I am good in "general Python" and in designing stuff that scales.
I am offering one of the following service:
- Python code review
- Slides review
- Documentation review or translation from English to French
The contract (gosh this is probably very incomplete):
- Your project have to be under an open source license, and available online.
- I am looking from small reviews, between 30mn and 4 hours of work I guess.
- You are responsible for the intial guidance. e.g. explain what specific review you want me to do.
- I am allowed to say no (mostly if by any chance I have tons of proposals, or if I don't feel like I am the right person to review your code.)
- This is on my free time so I can't really give deadlines - however depending on the project and amount of work I will be able to roughly estimate how long is going to take and when I should be able to do it.
- If I do the work you can't back off if you don't like the result of my reviews. If you do without a good reason, this is mean and I might cry a little.
- I won't be responsible for any damage or liability done to your project because of my review.
- I am not issuing any invoice or anything like that. The fundraising site however will issue a classical invoice when you do the donation. I am not part of that transaction nor responsible for it.
- Once the work will be done, I will tell you how long it took, and you are free to give wathever you think is fair and I will happily accept whatever you give my fundraising. If you give 1 euro for 4 hours of work I might make a sad face, but I will just accept it.
Interested ? Mail me! firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you just want to give to the fundraising it's here: http://www.alvarum.com/tarekziade